Earn Green while Helping Others Go Green
market, green business ideas are some of the most successful ideas for starting
new businesses. Many people want to find
ways to start their own business, and almost everyone on the planet is looking
for ways to make their lives more eco-friendly.
If you have business ideas that are
environmentally friendly and are appealing to others, you can almost certainly build
a successful business or help create one.
Tested Green Business Ideas
Before you can really start your own eco-friendly business, it helps to collect some green business ideas that are proven to work. This will get you on the right path to picking the right idea for you.
Here are 15
friendly business ideas that really work:
- Create some type of green product, like organic
clothing, green cleaners, organic soap or candles, or another more
innovative product that solves a problem in a more eco-friendly way than
- Sell sustainable energy through solar panels, wind
turbines, or other equipment that offers sustainable energy to homeowners
- Green construction and building
- Run a consignment shop to encourage others to recycle
their used clothing, furniture, and other items
- Capitalize on the recycling revolution by offering
to pick up large appliances and then turning them in for cash in the value
of the metal.
- Green designer of anything you can think of, from
interior design to landscaping
- Green dry cleaning, which avoids harsh chemicals
and involves organic cleaning instead
- Green consultant, who helps businesses and
homeowners find ways to make their lives more eco-friendly
- Creating jewelry from recycled materials
- Pest control expert who uses organic practices
- A blogger who focuses on green lifestyles
- Almost anything to do with bicycles, like a
cycling tour guide or bicycle repair or sales could be considered to be
- Organic farming
- Green cleaning company
- Organic restaurant, café, or eatery
all business ideas can be made into green business ideas if you can find a way
to put an eco-friendly slant to it.
Your Own Eco-Friendly Business
have sifted through the many environmentally
friendly business ideas that are floating around out
there, it’s time to get moving on the idea you have chosen. Depending on the type of business you choose,
some or all of these steps will need to be taken:
- Decide which of the many eco-friendly
you’re going to pursue and then fully develop the idea. Depending on what your idea is, this
could take a few or many steps.
- Once you’ve developed the idea, it’s time to test
it and see if it really is a viable idea.
Use the people you know as focus groups and try handing out a few
free samples (not too many!) to find out if people like it. This will give you a chance to change it
a bit before it hits the market. You
can also run some tests online to get feedback from your target market. You can do this by simply setting up a simple
website for this purpose.
- This feedback will
give you a chance to improve on your new idea before it hits the market if you
find out it has great potential. Otherwise cut your losses from the get-go, abandon it and find yourself a better business
- Figure out how you’re going to market and sell
your product or services. Once
again, the best way to do this depends entirely on which one of the green
business ideas you select.
to your customer base and keep the business
going. You’ll need to handle
everything from accounting and payroll to the basic day-to-day operations
of running the business.
Environmentally Friendly Business Ideas that Hit it Big
As with any
other kind of business, it’s relatively easy to find green environmentally
friendly business ideas that
turned into excellent profits for those who acted on them. Here are some examples:
- Comet Skateboards makes high performance
skateboards using all sustainable parts.
- Charcos makes coconut shell charcoal, a
sustainable form of charcoal.
- NaturaLawn of America provides green lawn care
- Memorial Ecosystems was the first green cemetery.
- Southwest Windpower designs and sells
Most of these businesses were on Inc.com Magazine’s list of
the 50 top green businesses in recent years.
Can your green business ideas secure you a place on the list in a few
Return to Unique Business Ideas
Return from Green Business Ideas to Business Ideas Oasis
Related & Recommended Articles: